Thursday, January 1, 2009

Red Riding Hood, Not So Little Anymore

So here it is, what I've been working on for the past few days.

This is definitely my initial concept/drawing of Red Riding Hood. Didn't do any thumbnails or anything.... which I should have.. haha

Hopefully this will be the first of a few Red riding Hood redesigns to hit my blog. Next one will hopefully be better.

Done in/with:

paper and mechanical pencil/photoshop cs3/wacom graphire3/time: way too long


Click to enlarge, but it's kind of big.



C&C is all welcome. Would prefer constructive criticism.

1 comment:

Diwan said...

I like the style, definitely starting to get away from the anime style, however I think the face is still anime looking. For this kind of painting I'd expect more face details than the usual flat anime faces. Also very cool that you made the colorized background, it does make a huge difference and more feeling to the painting, don't necessary need to detail everything along the edges, I'd love to see that boot just fading with the ground and background to make the eye focus more on her gear or the face. What are trying to show the viewer, is it her gun? Her women shape? If you emphasize that more and blur the things that are not that important then it gives a more character to the painting. Good job so far!